gEDA-user: gerber import (was: freedog pictures)

Since gEDA is completely free (both cost-free and open source), it's a
good, neutral vehicle for chip vendors to distribute reference
designs.

In the past we have discussed creating a utility
which would read a Gerber file and output either a .pcb or a .fp file
corresponding to the contents of the Gerber.

Stuart

I know gerber is vector format, so this is possible, but how close are we to being able to do this? Are there any first attempts at it?

John Griessen