RE: gEDA-user: Google Summer of Code on gEDA Webpages

Hi Werner,

Having read the wiki on Spice improvements I want to share some thoughts
that came to mind.

I'm not a user of Spice or any other simulation program, so take my comments
with the right amount of salt required for good taste ;-)

About probes:

Good idea to implement the current/voltage probes as symbols.

One could leave them in the schematic as to preserve the position and values
of testpoints on the pcb.

After running a simulation, one should be able to select a "down probe" menu
item for one or more selected probe symbols (in a "simulation" pull down
menu inside gschem) as to obtain a value popup dialog window for static
analysis results or a waveform popup dialog window for dynamic analysis
results.

About simulation:

I remember to have seen something like simulation symbols in a schematic in
the "devel/geda/gaf/examples/RF-Amp" directory by Stuart Brorson.

Creating the symbols shouldn't be too hard to do, it's the netlist
generation and backends that require a lot of work to be done.

Just my EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.