Re: gEDA-user: Hi.... first post

I am building a board with a couple of 1020 pin BGAs the "pins" are
normally "numbered" by a row column system that uses letter for one axis
and numbers for the second axis. Both PCB and gschem use character
strings for the pin numbers and it works well. This implies that both
Y21 and 14 can be valid pin numbers.

To take on the collector base and emitter question. It would be legal to
number the pins C1, B1, E1, C2, B2 and E2 but unless the manufacturors
documentation also number the pins that way it would cause confusion.
For this example I also would suggest looking at the geda concept of slots.

Steve M.