Re: gEDA-user: Design Flow Roadmap starting point

You may want to try one of the many footprint scripts that are around.
Making the footprints in a batch using a script is a lot less error prone
than one by one in the GUI.

If you are looking for DIPs or SIP headers with rounded pads over pins
you could try my website.

Actually I've seen some of those scripts and they are lovely for the kind of things they do. But I need to build much simpler footprints like TO220 devices, but with elongated pads. These are best done by hand, I guess. I even like TO92 to have elongated pads. I suspect I'm just unsure of my soldering skills and like larger pads, that's all. :)

One area where I'll be developing scripts is for simple capacitors. I want
pretty-looking non-polar and cylindrical electrolytic caps of various sizes.
(No elongated pads needed.) Resistors I've already done by hand.

Tarun