Re: XML file formats .... was: Re: gEDA-user: Some footprints I triedto create

[snip]
> The problem with using something like Forth for data file exchange is
> that it's dangerously powerful. Virus writers could have a lot of
> fun. Perhaps one could remove some features and add checks for
> illegal data access, but it would probably require some serious care.

Yes indeed.  Some what related, a couple people in the past have asked for
the capability to associate executable scheme code attached as attributes
to components and I have successfully resisted the temptation.  I have
no burning desire to turn gEDA/gaf into an attack vector for crackers.

-Ales