Re: gEDA-user: solder stencil in drafting acetate

Hi Dave,

I'm working on a DXF exporter as of december 2006.

The last months I have been too busy at the day job, so I made ample
progress.

Hope to pick this one up next week and finish it this spring, although I
only have a maximum of 2 hours per day to spend on coding and have just
a little bit more time in the weekends.

I'm aiming the dxf output to conform to the older AutoCAD Release 14
level (~1998) which can be run on older hardware and windoze 98.

The R14 DXF version has some more entities as the R12/R13 DXF version,
and should be able to hold all pcb entities (lines, arcs, polygons).

There are some caveats in AutoCAD on how to translate the pcb trace
entities into a neat DXF entity.

Another one is how to handle aperture shapes (round, square,
octagon, ...).

If you want to help getting this exporter running and add it to pcb
please let me know, some help coding and someone to look at code and
prevent me from falling into pits is always welcome.

I could send you a tarball by private e-mail, it's about 56 kB.

I have documentation about the various dxf entities as well.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.