Re: gEDA-user: gEDA vs commercial product

Hi Al and all on the list,

A question comes to mind: are we going to change the naming scheme of
the symbols, as for now this is like "name-1.sym".

If not, the search order may become an issue for identical named
symbols.

If yes, and if a following naming scheme like "04-04-01.sym" would be
used (obfuscated symbol name for a resistor as used in the Dutch
standard NEN 5152:2004, which is derived from or conforming to the IEC
60617 standard) there would be a "description" field needed in the
symbol and in the chooser dialog to make clear what the symbol is
suppose to represent.

This "description" field in the symbol chooser dialog wouldn't harm for
the currently available symbols anyway, I will try to make a patch for
this in the coming the week if the day job work permits me to.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.