gEDA-user: Do it yourself PCB's via heat toner transfer.

Hi

Inspired from an earlier tread about pcb's in printers, I will share the
method i am using with others.

Here are a link to a manual in plain danish; but the pictures should be
international;-)

http://www.sandcastle.dk/Artikler/Printfremstilling.pdf

1.Print the layout on Epson glossy inkjet paper with a laserprinter.
2.Clean the board with soap and steel wool.
3. Let it dry.
4.Tape layout to pcb. You may place layout at the table, pcb on top and
then apply heat to back of pcb then the paper will stick to pcb.
5.Apply heat. Temperature on max.(cotton)
6.When paper turns brown, remove iron.
7.Place pcb and paper in cold water to paper disintegrates.
8.Peel paper off pcb.
9.Do your etching.
10.Remove toner with steel wool.

I hope this would helpful to someone. The method seem to be foolproof as
long as you make shure that the PCB are clean

--
Best regards

Christian Treldal