Re: gEDA-user: PCB can't find new footprints

[snip]
>Yet these doesn't appear to relate to the structure under /share/pcb/newlib/.

Do you really have a /share/pcb/newlib directory?  As in a directory
in the root directory called /share?

[snip]
> What I don't understand is why I have to bother with these things all of
> a sudden -- and why this doesn't appear to be documented anywhere. All
> the manuals simply say that I can simply create footprints and save
> these somewhere under the newlib directory. And in previous gEDA
> versions, I never encountered these problems.

How did you install these previous versions of gEDA?

gedasuite-0.0.2 is kind of special and obviously has some bugs in this
area.  I will try this out myself (add a custom library to pcb) and
see what happens.

-Ales