Re: gEDA-user: PCB can't find new footprints

[snip]
> gedasuite-0.0.2 is kind of special and obviously has some bugs in this
> area.  I will try this out myself (add a custom library to pcb) and
> see what happens.

Okay, with gedasuite-0.0.2, I created a new directory in
~/geda-0.0.2/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib called X, put some footprints
inside of there, and started up pcb.  pcb happily showed me X in the
pcblib-newlib tree and I was able to place footprints from X.

I also created a directory called ~/.pcb/footprints, modified the
~/.pcb/preferences file to set library-newlib to ~/pcb/footprints,
created a directory called ~/.pcb/footprints/Y, put some footprints
into Y, and started up pcb.  pcb also happily showed me a toplevel Y
in the footprint dialog box and I was able to place footprints from Y.

The good news is that geda-0.0.2 doesn't seem to be completely broken
with regard to footprint libraries, but the bad news is I have no idea
why this isn't working on your machine. :(

More information as to what you had installed previously and where you
installed things now, would be helpful.

-Ales