gEDA-user: gschem: How to connect two nets from different sheet

Hi All,

I have a problem with describing of my circuit with gEDA.
I have created a very simplified version of the circuit to illustrate
the problem.

In my system there are a few very complicated connectors, which in the
test circuit I have imitated with CONN1 and CONN2. Each connector is
presented on its own sheet (like con1.sch and con2.sch in the attached
test circuit). Many pins of these connectors are not used, and some
which are used have connected named networks (like networks DATA_IN1,
DATA_OUT1 and DATA_IN2, DATA_OUT2 in the attached test circuit).

Interconnections between connectors, associated with particular
subsystems are described in different sheets.
There is one such sheet in the attached test circuit - interconnections.sch

When the networks are connected via element (like DATA_IN1 and
DATA_OUT2) everything works fine.
However, if I interconnect two networks directly (like DATA_OUT2 and
DATA_IN1) - the interconnecting network has duplicated netname and
gnetlist does not generate the netlist correctly (see the net1.sh and
test1.net in the attached archive).

I have found a dirty workaround (see the file interconnections2.sch,
and the script net2.sh, which makes use of it - result is in
test2.net). I add an additional element connected between the two
nets.
In this case I get the correct network, after gnetlist outputs the
message: "Found duplicate net name, renaming [DATA_IN1] to
[DATA_OUT2]"
However in this case I also produce an additional ement on my PCB, so
I'd like to avoid it.

If I remove the additional element keeping the same topology, I still
have two connected networks with different names, but gnetlist simply
ignores connection (see interconnections3.sch, net3.sh and test3.net).

How can I solve this problem?

--
TIA
Wojtek Zabolotny