Re: gEDA-user: Component rotation in PCB

michalwd1979 wrote:
> Hello, Please correct me if I'm wrong but now we can rotate
> components in PCB only in 90 deg. steps. Is there any option to put
> elements (I'm thinking about big TQFP packages) at 45 deg to each
> other? It would make my layout simpler if two ICs would face each
> other with corners not edges.

Arbitrary rotation came in a while back.  There was a recently fixed bug
with rectangular pads clearing polygons incorrectly on rotated parts.
You might need to build from CVS to pick up that fix. (Round end pads
are OK going back quite a while).

You need to copy the part and then use the command entry window to enter
FreeRotateBuffer(45)
or whatever rotation that you want.

-dave