Re: gEDA-user: Where do "models" or ".cir" files live?

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 08:43 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:

[snip]

> > I'm already disparing about the quality of the gschem symbols in the
> MDP
> > library, and I'm keen that most of those don't get distributed on
> the
> > CD. If there is any doubt about the models, they'll get left out.
>
> What's wrong with the symbols?
>
> Stuart

A few things,

gsymcheck doesn't like them, lots of warnings about missing pinseq,
pinlabel, etc...

Errors such as duplicate refdes, duplicate pinnumber, duplicate
footprint, missing pinnumber, pinseq, device.

In the "MDP" directory (and there are a few in others I've not counted),
there are 48 symbols. I count 34 errors and 608 warnings.

This doesn't even go into asking why we need to reproduce inferior
versions of symbols already in the geda distribution.

I've not got the time to fix them all before the release, so I'm asking
Dr. Long which ones we _need_ included on the CD. CUED / MDP specific
title pages might be in the list. I'd prefer to start from scratch if we
make a proper heavy parts library or parts manager.

Peter C.