Re: gEDA-user: new SuSE rpm packages for gEDA related programs

Hi Stuart,

On Sunday 10 September 2006 14:08, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> The XSpice stuff
> includes the binary file spice2poly.cm, which implements the ability
> of ngspice to read models with the POLY construct. The POLY construct
> appears very frequently in vendor SPICE models, and is therefore
> pretty important.  Without it, we will be inundated by hordes of
> newbies who try to run ngspice on vendor netlists, only to have the
> program error out when it tries to deal with a POLY.
>
> The problem is that the spice2poly.cm binary isn't currently built by
> the Makefile.

I watched the build process on my 64 bit box. The codemodels are build
right after the model compiler is build by the make system.

I think either Paolo Nenzi or Stefan Jones fixed it last year or in
2004. (It's not clear in the Changelog).

> Meanwhile, I'd suggest you *do* --enable-xspice for 32 bit x86 RPMs,
> but if you are also creating PPC and 64 bit RPMs, don't include
> XSpice for them.

So I think I can enable xspice without arch restrictions.

regards
Werner