gEDA-user: integration (was: PCB a bad name ?)

This is partly an opinion difference about "what is best" and they are heading partly that way already. If integration means "all from one GUI" I don't see the value. The active developers are getting good FOSS project results and that may never make a Windowsy looking "single tool".

They don't have a mission to make geda mainstream.

Do you really understand how few engineers are interested in going it as a small business? It's way below one percent.
(Chime in with opinions here -- )

These tools are right for small business R&D, mostly D.

I think it would be most mind blowing to have FOSS that follows accounting practice better than gnucash and a good 2D scriptable parametric mechanical drafting FOSS to go along with the 2D circuit tools we have.

John G

Arthur Baldwin wrote:
I think there is a much more important way to increase interest in the entire gEDA project.

And that would be to focus on further integrating the modules