Re: gEDA-user: PCB a bad name ?

Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:24 AM, Vaughn Treude wrote:
>> PCB's UI in particular deviates from Linux norms.
>
>    "Linux norms"??  What exactly are the UI "norms" in the Linux world?

I don't think, usability of pcb suffers from deviation of some kind of
official norms. Still, it helps to look how other applications GUIs
handle similar problems. Some techniques have evolved over the years and
proved to work better than others. Applications whose UI is rather
pecular tend to loose users. I dumped qcad because of this.

The latest version did a major step in this direction with the ability
to zoom with the mouse wheel. (Thanks to Peter Brett, IIRC)

The next basic UI feature on my wish list would be visual handles for
tracks and objects. I think, I mentioned this before. Just take it as a
reminder on how to make a user happy ;-)

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx