Re: gEDA-user: PCB a bad name ?

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 20:25 +0200, kmk wrote:

> The latest version did a major step in this direction with the ability
> to zoom with the mouse wheel. (Thanks to Peter Brett, IIRC)

I added that functionality to gschem. I'm not sure who it was due to in
PCB. By the time I checked out a CVS copy of pcb, I discovered that most
of my wishlist had already been implemented :).

Peter Brett and I sat down with some people here and came up with a list
of improvements which could help new users (and experienced users alike)
with the GUIs.

> The next basic UI feature on my wish list would be visual handles for
> tracks and objects. I think, I mentioned this before. Just take it as a
> reminder on how to make a user happy ;-)

You mean "grips" at the end of tracks when you hover over them? That was
something we thought about here too. Just something to make the ends of
tracks more grabbable. I'm not sure how it would work with other types
of object in PCB though.

Most of our work so far has been in gschem, and we're developing a GUI
frontend for gsch2pcb.  (It's still very alpha at the moment).

Any ideas people have which might help make gEDA/PCB more usable without
sacrificing its excellent expert features, I'm sure all the developers
would be very interested to hear them on the list.

Regards

Peter Clifton