A recorder; was: Re: gEDA-user: PCB a bad name ?

Peter Clifton wrote:
On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 20:25 +0200, kmk wrote:

The latest version did a major step in this direction with the ability
to zoom with the mouse wheel. (Thanks to Peter Brett, IIRC)

I added that functionality to gschem. I'm not sure who it was due to in PCB. By the time I checked out a CVS copy of pcb, I discovered that most of my wishlist had already been implemented :).

Peter Brett and I sat down with some people here and came up with a list
of improvements which could help new users (and experienced users alike)
with the GUIs.

The next basic UI feature on my wish list would be visual handles for
tracks and objects. I think, I mentioned this before. Just take it as a
reminder on how to make a user happy ;-)

You mean "grips" at the end of tracks when you hover over them? That was something we thought about here too. Just something to make the ends of tracks more grabbable. I'm not sure how it would work with other types of object in PCB though.

It would be great to have a macro recorder like the one present in Windows 3.1. I often need to press a combination like "ee<TAB>pintype<TAB>pwr<TAB><Space><TAB><Space><Enter>" to mark a pin with a pintype. If I could record such a sequence and play it with a simple combination it would be nice :)
BTW - why there is no alt+... combination to set "[X] Visibility"?

Tomasz Nowak