Re: gEDA-user: Verifying connections in PCB?

John Luciani wrote:
On 9/22/06, Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Thanks to DJ and John for quick responses.
>
> As you both guessed, I once again proved that I am a bonehead.  After
> posting, I discovered two additional rats hiding in the corner of the
> board.  I connected those two nets, and then when I hit "o" to refresh
> the rats I got the "congratulations, you are done" message.

I'm suprised you don't get a message when there are incomplete nets from
looking at the code.  However, from trying it I see you don't get a
message.  Perhaps this should be changed to something like "<n> rat
lines remaining".

What do you think?

A small message in the status line that is continuously updated would be nice.

Or will people get tired of that message since I
assume many people wear out the 'o' key like I do in pcb.

It would be nice if the 'optimize' command was automagically run just prior to
running a trace (which would save my 'o' key). I usually press 'o' and
then start
to run a trace.

Having it run during any idle time would also work (for me).

I've often thought I'd like it if there were an "auto-optimize" mode where everytime you finished moving something or placing something that 'optimize' would run. Cadnetix did that and it seemed like the right thing. Then I went to Accel EDA and you had to manually run it like in PCB and I thought it was a mistake to not automatically do it. One of these days I'll get to it.

-Dan