gEDA-user: Problem w/ odd-shaped SMD pads

Hi,
Lately I've been creating a lot of footprints for SMD devices.  One of
these devices was a chip resistor.  I always try to follow the
manufacturer's recommended pad layouts as closely as possible.  This is
the problem: the diagram shows that both of the two pads should have a
small notch in them toward the center.  It seemed like the easiest way
to accomplish that was to create each pad out of three lines, like this:

---------    ----------
------           ------

I numbered the two shorter pads in the center and just ignored the
others.  This looks fine on the PCB layout but PCB complains about Rx
being shorted to unknown pad.  Worse yet, it refuses to auto-route the
rat lines that connect to these devices.  I assume there's probably a
magic flag I can add to the definitions of these extra pads to let PCB
know it's OK.  At least I _hope_ there is.  Does anybody know what I can
do to fix this?

Thanks!

Vaughn T