Re: gEDA-user: Spice

On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Ian Chapman wrote:
>             I've used MC5 since quite some time and I like it
> though it is getting dated.  My main hick is not supporting
> the latest vendor models that use the latest spice.  I can
> live with the win3.1 its 16 bit engine.  Of course there is
> the latest update at a cost that is outside my budget for the
> simple things that I do opamps and comparators etc...  It
> looks like there is a choice between gEDA friendly ngspice
> and tclspice.  Which of the two is the best for simple
> analogue circuits?  Regards Ian.

Gnucap.

Gnucap is here, the lead developer is here, and cares about
gEDA.

As to the "latest vendor models" ....  If you get the
development version, gnucap supports BSIM-4.6.2, which was just
released this summer.  Gnucap had support for it about a week
after the official release from Berkeley.  Can any other
simulator beat that?