Re: gEDA-user: How to split one large PCB into two smaller ones

Am Samstag, den 20.09.2008, 17:35 +0200 schrieb Stefan Salewski:

> My current impression is that the best solution (currently) is to make a
> new sheet wich contains the connector and to connect all 40 Signals to
> it. Then run gsch2pcb with on group of schematics and this connector
> sheet, and run it again with remaining schematics and connector sheet.
> So I will get two pcb boards. Problem: There can remain unconnected
> signals -- I have to be very carefully. The other disadvantage is that I
> have to put all devices of one schematic to one pcb, I can not put some
> devices from schematic "LinRegulators.sch" to first pcb and other
> regulators to the other. But I think this will be OK for me.

I think I could do it with one pcb board this way:

Make an additional schematic sheet, insert the connector and connect all
signals to it. Copy this connector with the signals and change its
refdes. Use gsch2pcb with this new connector sheet and all other
schematics. Now I get one large pcb board containing all parts and these
two connectors. Corresponding pins of these two connectors are connected
to the same signals/nets, so pcb program knows about the connection. Now
I can position the connectors and connect its pins with traces in an
additional fake copper layer. pcb program should see these traces and
use it for shorten it rat lines -- rat lines from one sub pcb should end
at one connector, and the rat lines of other sub pcb should end at other
connector.