Re: gEDA-user: Deformed undesired tiny square

DJ Delorie wrote:
> You have to edit the footprint.  Old style footprints, you have to
> edit all the parts of the footprint (the mark is the origin of the
> footprint's coordinate system).  New style, you edit the Mark() entry.
>
> Then you have to replace the footprint on the board with a new one.
> You can either delete it and let gsch2pcb do its thing, or manually
> load the footprint (load element, or use the library) and shift-click
> on each old element to replace the old with the new.  Lining up the
> pads might be tricky if you moved the mark in a non-multiple of your
> grid settings.

There are too many things I'm not yet familiar with, and I couldn't
fully understand the procedures you suggested, that is I'm lost in the
editing part. Anyway, having focused my attention on the marker, I
re-read the startup guide in the part where how to create an element is
explained, and I figured out I omitted left-clicking on a proper point
in the drawing after issuing "cut selection to buffer", perhaps I
clicked without minding where I was clicking: that's why in a couple of
footprints I designed I had obtained that "square" completely apart from
the footprint itself! Now I've created the two footprints from scratch
and I've fixed the problem.

Many thanks!

A.