gEDA-user: PCB using regullar expression

Hello,

I'm a novice to gEDA, so please forgive me that I'm using this list as on-line help so often
In pcb I want to select some elements by regular expression for example:
S11/R(101|102)
This works well when entered to PCB user input window, but I can not make it working when I use the action directly:
select(elementbyname, S11/R(101|102))
The error is: regexp error: Unmatched ( or \(. I've tried surrounding regexp string in "", '' but no effect. I __assume__ that when entering action pcb looks for first ')' character and uses this one as end of arguments.
Is there a way to enter ) to the action argument string?

Thanks in advance
Michael Widlok