[gftp] gftp and squid

Hi all,

I am not able to get  gftp to work over squid.
According to the FAQ I set the proxy type in the FTP settings to "http",
which changes despite of saving always to "Custom".
I am using gftp 2.0.14 on debian woody, which was the latest available
backport on the net I could find. After consulting the changelog of gftp
2.015 I realized, that some bugfixes concerning http-proxying were made.
I tried backporting 2.0.15 myself, but version conflicts of
gtk-libraries would make necessary heavy updating of all gtk-stuff.

So the first question is:

Is there any 2.0.15 backport for debian woody out there?

Thanks for any hints,
Mathias