About democracy was Re: Organizing for 6.2

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> >
> > I guess for now the best is use egcs because gcc 2.95 seems to have
> > some grievous bugs.  However gcc 2.95 generates far better code so
> > best would seomeone keeping a watch on the gcc development lsit and
> > perhaps ask some questions in it about release dates, bugs and if it
> > is safe to use pentium optimizations.
> >

> Are the bugs you mention really serious? The gnu gcc web site makes no
> warning about any major bugs and it seems there are many developers
> using gcc 2.95.2 I do not have any problem using the egcs version, but I
> would hate to pass on better quality code and pentium optimizations if
> there are no serious problems with gcc 2.95.2
>

> > IN the interim we can also hack the installer: conflict resolution,
> > adding the Indialer and support for multiple CDs.
> >

> We are talking about the newt installer, right?

I think something is wrong here because I am taking decisions alone.
When I was doing 90 % of Indy this was logical but now that we begin
to have a real team building we will have to make this more democratic
ie active participants must be able to influence crucial decisions
like what installer we chose.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org