Re: IPTRAF 3.0.1 - no interest?

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 09:25:34PM +0100, Jaroslav Fojtik wrote:
> Yes, I agree. It would be great to merge all patches together.
>
> I could propose my www space to use iptraf.  Unfortunatelly I have limited bandwith,
> but it should never mind for this temporary period.
[snip]
> > > I have published my Atheros related patches of IPTRAF here:
> > >  http://www.penguin.cz/~fojtik/iptraf/
> > >
> > > I do not intend to develop IPTRAF, I will only fix compile time
> > > problems with newer gcc.
> > >
> > > It is a big pity, that it is impossible to contact original authors.
> > > and to put this release on http://iptraf.seul.org/

Hi folks,

I'm the one who set Gerard up with the iptraf site here originally. It
sure does look like he's disappeared, doesn't it. :(

What does that mean we should do? Does somebody else want to pick up
maintaining it? Or should we just let it quietly die? I haven't been
keeping track of the landscape of similar projects lately.

In any case, we probably shouldn't just clobber the current site. But
we can make a 'new' directory and put newer stuff in there. And if the
original author doesn't show up and complain, then I guess we'd phase
out the original site.

Is there any sort of a community left around iptraf, from which to
choose a reasonable successor? Or is it just a smattering of a few
interested people?

--Roger