Re: My Game

ajr@ecs.soton.ac.uk wrote:

> It is important to maintain clear status as a voluntary code, to
> avoid legal liability, but in order to preserve some kind of value,
> the logo could be registered with the USPTO as a certification mark,

Any ideas on how much this costs?

> probably legal advice. It might be better to host the site off US
> soil to make it less vulnerable to litigation.

sunsite.dk is off US soil, and the site I'll upload my example images to is
UK based so I doubt there's any worry there. Well, no more than normal in
the software world anyway. The end website may be more of an issue, but we
can build that bridge when we get to it.

> I probably getting ahead of myself, but it does sound like a great idea.
> Let me know what needs to be done.

Well I'd suggest this as a rough plan:

- This list comes up with a series of classifications and the criteria
   used to determine which classification a game falls into. This could
   be an age/rating system which takes the ESRB system but uses age ranges
   rather than boundaries. Probably 3 or 4 classifications are needed.

- I come up with some example classification graphics for the list to
   look at and comment on.

- Once the classifications are fixed and a graphics style established,
   I can complete the range of classification graphics required.

- A website detailing the classification system, how it works and
   how it should be used will be needed. Christian suggested a LGDC
   article, but I'm not sure that is sufficient to encompass the
   project. If all else fails, I have some spare web space I can
   donate to the cause and a web designer who can help out with the
   site, but whether these are needed is up to the group.

- Once the website is up and everyone is happy about it, we can place
   notices where needed with links to the site.

Sound ok?

Chris
--
=[     Explorer2260, Designer and Coder     \=\ P: TexMaker, ROACH, site \