Re: Weird behavior of my server

Okay, I just tried out a different orport and now the server starts
up. So somehow either port 443 is blocked already by something else or
it's because the permission is denied (since it's a blank Ubuntu I
guess it's the permission thing). Anything I can do about it?

"netstat -apn |grep 443" (as root) "lsof |grep 443" (as root)

either one will tell you what process is binding to 443. My guess is Apache. Try "killall httpd" (as root) and then try again. Also try (path might vary) "/etc/rc.d/rc.httpd stop"

~Mike.