Re: default setting in pidgin

(Not quoting at all isn't much better, see the cited web pages.
And see how most people here *do* it.)

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 05:26:55PM +0000, M wrote:
>Thanks, so back to my main question, is there any reason to leave the
>default settings how they are? Any harm in changing them?

Ask the pidgin developers and note that the *main* use case of pidgin is
probably *non*-anonymous IM where usually the host of users will *want*
to retain logs and would be surprised in a bad way if logs have *not*
been retained (and thus aren't recoverable). Removing logs later is
easier than recovering non-existant ones from that perspective.