[pygame] Re: contribute to pygame... Some fun projects to do for pygame 1.9. was Re: [pygame] Bundling Pygame documents

René Dudfield wrote:
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 4:10 AM, pymike <pymike93@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I dig the rewriting pygame site in python part. It'd also need a new fresh
theme (that green... arg! my eyes!). Would it be written in Django? I've
been fiddling around with CherryPy (cherrypy.org), and it's quite awesome.
(See pymike.pynguins.com) If you wrote it in CherryPy, I'm pretty sure I
could help some.

Cheers!

Yeah, cherrypy is quite nice.  I use it a lot myself... I think it
would be a good tool to use.  Not so interested in using django.

I think the method would be to rewrite parts of the existing site,
trying to keep the existing functionality... writing tests for it as
we go.

Once the existing functionality has been implemented, then we can
start adding new stuff.

Alternatively, it might be possible to just replace parts of the php
based website to start with, as we change functionality.  eg, we could
replace just the front page to start with, but leave the rest of the
pages php in the beginning.

Will site development go into SVN as a pygame branch?

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>