Re: [pygame] Re: contribute to pygame... Some fun projects to do for pygame 1.9. was Re: [pygame] Bundling Pygame documents

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> René Dudfield wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 4:10 AM, pymike <pymike93@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> I dig the rewriting pygame site in python part. It'd also need a new
>>> fresh
>>> theme (that green... arg! my eyes!). Would it be written in Django? I've
>>> been fiddling around with CherryPy (cherrypy.org), and it's quite
>>> awesome.
>>> (See pymike.pynguins.com) If you wrote it in CherryPy, I'm pretty sure I
>>> could help some.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>

>> Yeah, cherrypy is quite nice.  I use it a lot myself... I think it
>> would be a good tool to use.  Not so interested in using django.
>>
>> I think the method would be to rewrite parts of the existing site,
>> trying to keep the existing functionality... writing tests for it as
>> we go.
>>
>> Once the existing functionality has been implemented, then we can
>> start adding new stuff.
>>
>> Alternatively, it might be possible to just replace parts of the php
>> based website to start with, as we change functionality.  eg, we could
>> replace just the front page to start with, but leave the rest of the
>> pages php in the beginning.
>>

> Will site development go into SVN as a pygame branch?
>
> --
> Lenard Lindstrom
> <len-l@xxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, I think it could go in as a branch.  Or maybe in a separate svn
somewhere (like google code).  Definitely a publically accessable
repository somewhere, so it's easy for people to contribute.  Maybe
pygame.website ;)

It would be good to make use of pygame to make the pygame website too.