Re: [pygame] pygame with SDL2 proposal

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 12:28 Leif Theden, <leif.theden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Students should be taught how textures work, where different memories reside, and that GPUs operate differently than a CPU.

You are thinking about much more advanced students than Pygame is being used to teach. Pygame is being taught to 9 and 10 year olds and the concept of "memory", let alone execution model, is far beyond their level. They just want to know what they need to type to make things happen - but they need to be able to get results without knowing about memory and GPUs.

If we want to change everything totally, we should feel free - as long as it remains easy to use.