Re: [school-core] School Software and OS Choice

Simon Gauvin wrote:
There are schools making use of BSD - not sure if anything beyond that. What
OSes did you have in mind?

Yes, there are many alternative OSs that are far more usable and useful to students than Linux or BSD. Namely, BeOS and its open source variants (see http://www.beunited.org ). I was wondering why these systems have not found their way into the public domain or school systems. BeOS offers superior performance on older machines than Linux, has a far more integrated and user-friendly user interface, and supports all the APIs needed to create rich media for education.

I wonder if BeOS is OpenSource? Can you give me some pointer?

Thanks
Karl

--
Dr. Karl Sarnow