Re: [school-discuss] Promoting FLOSS

Joel Kahn wrote:
... While we're at it, has
Tux ever been a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving
Day parade? How about a float in the Tournament of
Roses on New Year's Day?

There's a thought.  I can see it now--a giant Tux with
the following on his belly:

           How much is YOUR school
      overpaying for proprietary sofware?
      www.pay_for_books_not_software.org

Feed a more detailed bio to the talking heads to read from
as Tux goes by.  I just made up the website address on the
spot, but the idea should be obvious.  It needs to be something
compelling to non-linux types, not "www.tux_for_schools.org"
or anything like that.  It wouldn't bother me to co-opt Tux
as the mascot for something like this, but I suppose some
checking would need to be done to make sure there aren't
any copyright issues (wouldn't that be ironic?).

I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to make something
like this happen.

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc@xxxxxxxxx         Cisco Systems             Austin, TX