Re: [school-discuss] English teacher apps

robin wrote:
[snip]

I've released the code at <http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin/awlcheck.tar.gz>. Have a look at it, and let me know if you find any bugs, or if you have ideas for improving it. The package does not include the word lists. You can find the sublists of the AWL at <http://www.vuw.ac.nz/lals/staff/averil-coxhead/awl/frequent.html> or you can substitute your own lists. See the README file for how to do this.

I've also added an option to print out a list of all the words which were found.
Apologies to anyone who uploaded the code immediately - there was a typo in the file which caused it to remove massive chunks of text from files instead of just the HTML tags - the version on the server now doesn't have this problem.

I'm still looking for a better way to process HTML files. The method it currently uses is extremely crude (s/<*>//g). This means that HTML files give scores somewhat higher than they should. I'll try and do something with HTML::Parse soon.

Sir Robin

--
"I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art."
Dawn - BtVS

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi