Re: [school-discuss] Authentication advice needed please

Peter Ruwoldt wrote:
Thanks for such a quick response Matt.

We have found a guide for authenticating edubuntu against active directory in windows 2000 server.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=91510&highlight=winbind

We are hoping that the process outlined in this guide will be 'easily' adaptable to authenticating edubuntu against samba on our sme server.

Does this look like we are on the right track? Any clues or hints?

Peter

Looks good to me, though I have never added kerbos to the mix. I currently use winbind on a debian email server at a school. All the user's passwords are checked against a windows 2003 domain and it has worked great since about 2002.

Sam
--
Online Grades - Free Software for Posting Grades to the Internet
http://onlinegrades.sourceforge.net/