Re: [school-discuss] Major Linux school deployments

hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied on this thread.  I am wondering if we could please interest people in using a central wiki for collecting stories of this work.  The first wiki that comes to mind is Steve Hargadon's wiki:

http://wiki.k12opensource.com/

Looking at the history page of that wiki, I see that Steve does maintain it and kill spam there.  IMHO, it would be good if we had a centralized repository of knowledge that is not just an emailing list.  This list is good and the k120s list is good, but it would be nice if there were a place that could provide readers with *current* info on the status of projects.

I would be willing to spend some time contacting sys admins and managers of labs and writing up their stories on a wiki somewhere to get it started.  I think that we would need to choose a site that was popular and used by readers.  Since Steve is so active in the FOSS educational area, it would make sense to me to have it on a site that he touches, since he has a lot of instutional knowledge of who is doing what.

Has anyone heard from Paul Nelson or the Riverdale High School in Portland recently?  There is also a middle school in Portland that had an active LTSP project there.  I have not heard from them in a while, but I might have been out of the loop myself.

Thx