Re: Window Managers, A question Part Deux

Gregory Bell wrote:

> My current WM, AfterStep allows a somewhat easy install of Star Office onto wharf so my basic
>
> question is, why should I (or anyone else for that matter) use Enlightenment (which I have
> had installed
> and deleted cause it seemed to be too much of a hassle) or Windowmanage????

E has buttons,as well.  I think it's easier to add something to E's
buttons than AS since E has a GUI config.

As far as apps running under E, well, it just doesn't matter what WM you
are using you can use *any* program under it as long as you have any
lib's it needs.  You can run QT app's in E if you have QT installed.
The WM has nothing to do with what apps you can and can not run, other
than apps that have hooks in another WM, such as wharf.

You get everything you have in AS and then some.  I've used AS for over
a year.  I tried E about a year ago and didn't like it, too unstable.
The new version is so much better that I've converted to E.  WindowMaker
isn't much better than AS, in look and feel.

Unlike WindowMaker and AS E has it's own library system for manipulating
image data directly instead of through other programs.  That should make
it more efficient that AS and WindowMaker.