Re: [seul-edu] Simplified End User Linux

Um,
  My main point is that there are people looking
for Open Source education information. When I first
started working toward putting linux in schools I
Searched the web for linux and education what I found
mostly was sites covering one aspect or the other and
when I saw Simplified End User Linux my first thought
was that SEUL-EDU for learning linux and making an
easier Desktop for new users.

  As a counter to your advertising analogy I would
like to point out that your customers can't find you
if you aren't were they are looking. In my opinion
SEUL-EDU is great and needs more people, I think that
some people are not sure about it (seul-edu) do to the
name. This is what (I think) has partially led to the
fragmentation of our shared goal.

  Mailing lists are great but, they make it very hard
for new people to catch up to the level of those who
have been on the list for a while. Maybe a page with a
synopsis of what each thread is about would be more
helpful to people new to the list.

  SEUL-EDU has some wonderful people already. I am quite
positive that the point we are at now could not have
been reached without the amazing and diligent work by
Doug Loss and others.

  Finally just because I suggest a new domain/server does
not mean I think SEUL/EDU should be done away with or
branched off. In my opinion there is no reason that
www.something-edu-linux.com can't just be an intro/news
page that is a portal or even a redirect to the main
SEUL-EDU Page.