Simplified UI for younger kids

Although I'm not familiar with it, I understand that there is a simplified user interface
designed for kids to use that's available for the Macintosh.  Since Linux has the concept of
modifiable window managers built in from the start, doing something like this seems like a
very reasonable and fairly easy task.  From personal preference I'd think that basing it on
WindowMaker or GNOME might be best, but I doubt that it would be too difficult in any given
WM.

Is this a useful idea to pursue?  Does anyone know anything about the Mac UI I mentioned
above?  This is an idea of mine with very little behind it at the moment.  Let me know if it
seems worth investigating.

--
Doug Loss            An idealist is one who, on noticing that
dloss@csrlink.net    roses smell better than cabbage, concludes