Re: [seul-edu] Re: home-schooling thread

Doug Loss wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Jim Wildman wrote:
>
> > Good idea.  There are a number of magazines that cater to home schoolers.
> > They all include the mandatory technology review column/summary page.
> >
> > On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Roger R Dingledine wrote:
> >
> > > This looks like an excellent example of something that can
> > > be packaged up into some sort of summary document, and put
> > > on the website.
>
> Jim,
>
>    Could you assemble our discussions here and put them into document form and
> then post your document here for our review?  I'm sure Adam Cody and and Petr
> Vicherek would be willing to help you on this (right, fellows?).  When it's done
> we can post it on the website and submit it to whatever magazines and news sites
> seem most appropriate.  This will serve two purposes--it will be both a useful
> document for the Linux and home-schooling communities, and it will be a
> proof-of-concept for our "sense of SEUL/edu" documents idea.

    Yes, Doug

    However, I thought, that such thing is ready for publication once we
have at least alpha version of some software. The idea should that we
have might be posted on the Web, however further publications should
be based on some actual work.

I've drafted bunch of ideas about math software on
http://www.ied.com/~petr/EduSoftWare.html
I can try to write up something more polished about educational software
for homeschoolers - suitable for Web publishing.

--
                                                    Petr Vicherek

Gloria in excelsis Deo et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis