Re: [seul-edu] Software for journal publish

on Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 11:02:16AM +0100, jm (giem@free.fr) wrote:
> >Hello, I'm looking for a web based software for publishing academic journals
>
> You might want to take a look at the Scoop engine [1] that powers  K5[2]
> with an interesting peer review/moderation of articles.
> (I think it's perl + SQL and GPLed)

Perl, MySQL (plus other DB backends), and yes, it's GPL'd.  I've
forwarded the original request to Rusty Foster (the project maintainer),
who's got an interest in academic publishing.

The "submissions" engine would need some reworking, but the fundamental
principle should be a good fit.

> On the same range of interesting "moderation rules", there is also
> ModVirgule [3]with complex rules of trust metric [5] that powers Advogato[4]
> (it's C, XML and an apache module - GPLed)
>
> On MacOSX/NT, you might want to look at the Manila solution [6] (a
> commercial product) that seems to be used a bit in education [7][8] and is
> a more classical CMS solution.
>

> [1] http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/
> [2] http://www.kuro5hin.org/
> [3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/virgule