Re: [seul-edu] Getting started: Forming a coalition to promote free and open toolsand content in education

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 12:11:36AM -0000, David M. Bucknell wrote:
> *Name: Cofee is a good idea. COFE might be good enough, though? What do people
> think? Possible? Could use the "obvious" logo idea anyway, couldn't we?
>
> Coalition for Free/Open Solution in Education rather than "Software" is my
> preference, in order to make "content" part of the bargain. Thoughts on this?

If we're going with an acronym, I like the idea of an acronym that
doesn't start with an O. Seems like all but a few of them do, and I can
never keep them straight.

That's my contribution. :) COFE sounds as good as any other, as far as
acronyms with no inherent meaning go.

> *Trying to attract the interest of Open Source Writers group is a great idea,
> too. Is this possible?

Well, the text as http://www.oswg.org/ makes it look like an uphill
battle. I can check with Deb to see what she's been up to lately. I will
do that once we are further along here.

--Roger