Re: [seul-edu] RE: seul-edu-digest V1 #46

"Techentin, Robert W." wrote:

> > I'd suggest that an earlier step would be to get
> > strong committments from some of the major
> > distributions to support the effort.
>
> Gee, Doug.  You make it sound like we need:
>
>   1.  Distro support -and-
>   2.  Training support

Yeah, go figure. :-)

> Red Hat is the one that made the counter-offer to the DOJ, and they just
> happen to be good at distros and training.  Seul-Edu has the applications,
> some expertise, and interested volunteers.  Red Hat has the professsional
> support.  Its a match made in heaven - particularly if you realize that the
> monkey is really on Red Hat's back.

I've tried to contact a few people at RedHat who I thought might be interested
in all this, but I have yet to get a reply.  If any of you on this list
(particularly you RedHat employees) know who to contact to bring RedHat on
board with this coalition, please rattle some cages!  And of course you
Mandrake and SuSE people out there do the same!

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people