Re: [seul-edu] Getting started: Forming a coalition to promote freeand open toolsand content in education

Michael Hall wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has the time/energy/organisational ability to sum up
> where we're at right now? What proposals are on the table?

Organizational ability, I have.  Energy, maybe.  But time, that looks unlikely for the
next few weeks.  David?

As for proposals, one of the first and easiest is the modification of the SEUL/edu
links page to use as a standard page for all Linux in education sites to link to.
Mick, could you, Roman Suzi, and Les Richardson work on this?  Roman currently
maintains the page, and Les has done some nice work for us on the software database
and case studies (and more importantly, has agreed to do some more).  Addresses are
admin@openlearningcommunity.org, rnd@onego.ru, and richl@mail.tfsd.sk.ca.  If you guys
come up with a plan let us know and we'll put it in place.  I trust all of you to do
it right.

Another is the accumulation of links to all the various arguments for free and open
source in education that David mentioned.  David, could you do that?  We can all mail
the links to you when we come across them, and you can keep track of them, or we can
send them to oss@members.iteachnet.org if you prefer.

These are of course not the central tasks.

> And while you're at it ... What do we do
> next, what are the core tasks to be done, in what order? How are we going
> to organise ourselves? Who wants to work on what? :-)

Jason Mellen, might you have the time to do the distillation that Mick talks about
above and below?  Just get all the points down in one place--then we can combine them,
discard them, prioritize them, whatever, and get moving.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people