Re: [seul-edu] Site tools for Schoolforge

Andrew Reid wrote:

> The web-based community forum thing is something that isn't going to
> happen over night. It wouldn't be that hard to develop something
> quickly using PHP + PostgreSQL, but there are certain requirements
> that will be (no doubt) imposed upon the developers. They really need
> to be nutted out so a specification for the web app can be handed to
> the developers.

Having looked at the list of programs to be used for developing and
maintaining Schoolforge the only two that in someway met the needs I
think the project has are Document Juggler and Zope. I don't know much
about this Picolibre thing because I didn't understand the language. But
the software in itself seemed to be at a really early stage. Sourceforge
is fine and we've used it for software development over a year ago. For
the last year we've been using CVS and our own MimerDesk environment.
These two have worked great together.

I'm not quite sure what you are going at Andrew, or maybe you just
didn't read my post to the list. I'll quote myself here: