Re: [Computerbank] Fundraising

Can't agree more on the government funding - Virtual Moreland should have developed by itself but waited for funding and then ended up servicing an agreement that became a millstone around our necks - at the end of it it was non-government organisations that kept us going not government funding.

Craig

Craig Silva, IT Infrastructure Coordinator
Moreland City Council, 90 Bell St. Coburg.
Melbourne. Victoria. 3058. Australia.
email: csilva@moreland.vic.gov.au
http://www.moreland.vic.gov.au
Tel: +61 3 9 240 2355, fax: + 61 3 9 240 1212

>>> "The Moose(tm)" <moose@bovine.artificial-stupidity.net> 07/11/01 10:50am >>>
Hi all

Yes we should approach both the govt and private sectors but I my point
really was that we shouldn't rely on govt funding as either ongoing or a
given, too many orgs have been caught in this trap.

As for fundraising, What I see is some basic events eg in one org that I
was Fundraising chairperson for we had one event which raised $10k in one
day in a small country town. The idea is to look at things like a charity
auction or several regular large events which would be a recurrent source
of income. I'm sure amongst all of us we must have contacts and theideas
to make something happen.

My experience is only on a small scale of a few thosand $'s at atime but
maybe someone out there has an idea we could work on.

Hope this sets you thinking
Penni