Re: [Computerbank] recip forms proposal

I think this could work.

We could also provide more choice by allowing the SSAE method in the
first intance too. We need to account for this as not all people hear
about us through the Internet.

With this method we could have an e-copy sent to us - even though the
person filling it out may never send it in. Help with stats. :)

> from website, as there is a worry we will get a lot of overseas
> applicants. I am not proposaing we allow recipients to submit

And from folk not reading the information we provide.

> electronically, I am proposing that they type in (neatest correct entry
> wins;) ), print out, and send in form with SAE.

The SAE method helps to cut our costs, at one point CAI-Vic had to mail
out over 300 applications in one week, this prompted us to change to the
SAE method and we've stuck with it ever since. :)

> To get to forms, they have to pass through a warning screen (not popup
> they can ignore, one that requires them to hit yes...) stating FOUR
> basic points:
> NOT FOR O/S PPLS

READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE INFORMATION SHEET (get someone to explain it to
you or call us)

> LINUX ONLY
> WAITING LIST
> YOU GET WHAT YOU GET
> then they get zip or tar.gz of appl form AND info sheet - irritating,
> but they forced to get both:)

That will be irritating - yes. :)

> With the SAE, we have standard responses we can send back - 'appl
> approved, welcome to waiting list', or 'no, idiot,we DONT do o/s or
> windows!!!!'

This would be neat. :)

> What does everyone think?

I like it. :)