[Computerbank] recip forms proposal

Proposal for allowing recipients to download forms from website.

There has been some hesitation about making recipient forms available
from website, as there is a worry we will get a lot of overseas
applicants. I am not proposaing we allow recipients to submit
electronically, I am proposing that they type in (neatest correct entry
wins;) ), print out, and send in form with SAE.

People are still required to snail mail in apps with SAE.

To get to forms, they have to pass through a warning screen (not popup
they can ignore, one that requires them to hit yes...) stating FOUR
basic points:
NOT FOR O/S PPLS
LINUX ONLY
WAITING LIST
YOU GET WHAT YOU GET
then they get zip or tar.gz of appl form AND info sheet - irritating,
but they forced to get both:)

Yes, I know it won't weed out all idiots, and many will ignore warning
they blithely agree to - 'against fools the very gods themselves contend
in vain'. We can't do much about idiots, no matter what systems we
evolve, idiots can outsmart em:)

But it is a shortcut in providing forms....

With the SAE, we have standard responses we can send back - 'appl
approved, welcome to waiting list', or 'no, idiot,we DONT do o/s or
windows!!!!'

What does everyone think?

Romana:)
romana@timelady.com
icq no:393293

Computerbank Australia -  SA branch coordinator
http://www.linunix.com/cbsa/

"Between the idea and the reality,
Between the motion and the act,
Falls the Shadow..."